Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Red Scratch marks?

I use a 35mm Pentax K-1000 and I love it. Recently my prints have this red line on the top left ------- (its happens with two rolls of the same film)
Is it my camera, the film, or where I develop them?

11-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

An easy way to tell if a neg scratch is from the lab or the camera is to look at the very end of the film, after the last frame. This bit of film has not gone through the camera, so a camera scratch will generally end somewhat before the very end of the roll.

You can tell if it's a print scratch very easily by looking closely at the print. try to reflect some light off of it at the scratch. You will be able to see a print scratch quite easily this way.

Also look to ensure that it isn't an artifact from the scanner if the printer is a digital scanning type (all of the newer ones are).
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Your rollers might be damaged?
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are the photos taken in bright sunlight? Your camera is fairly old, so MAYBE you have some bad light seals. My father has a Canon AE-1, and it was doing the same thing, it had a light leak. I bought a seal kit on ebay, and replaced the light seals, and no more "red streaks" on the photos. I am not saying this is the problem, but it could be.