Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #1

Tamron Adaptall 200mm f3.5

Hello. I'm a new member and would like advice on a used lens I bought that has a problem. It is a Tamron adaptall (not adaptall 2) 200mm f3.5 that may have been dropped. The barrel of the lens, the part that moves in and out when focusing, was loose. I could turn the barrel counterclockwise as viewed from the objective fairly easily but it was gritty and very tight to turn it clockwise. I finally got it to work by screwing it hard clockwise and took a few shots at 550 yards that were reasonably sharp, but not great. Then I tried to screw the barrel in a bit more and photos were not at all sharp. In fact, when now turned all the way clockwise, I can't focus beyond about 50 yards and this worsens if I turn it CCW. I then tinkered more and made it even worse. The little lever with a wheel on it that moves the aperture blades is now stuck so the adaptor no longer fits on the lens. The lens is currently useless. Any suggestions before I try to take the lens apart would be appreciated (I've already demonstrated that I can't leave well enough alone!). Thanks.

12-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

First of all, welcome to the forum. I would suggest you post this in the lens forum and you'll get a lot more answers there.