Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #16

Pentax Utility 4 & XP

I had a problem like this about a month ago. No matter how many installs & reinstalls of Pentax Utility 4 I tried, it just would not work.
I set a system restore point weekly as a matter of routine. Going back in system restore a couple weeks, i found a point where everything worked!!!
I have no idea what was wrong, but everything works fine now.
It has been working for over a month.
good luck.

06-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #17
Inactive Account

I tried that. No luck
09-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #18

Originally posted by Russell-Evans
Uninstall all Pentax software. Go into C:windows\prefetch, select all, and delete. Reboot. Now install the 4.11 software, inserting the 4.0 CD when asked.

Thank you
Russell
---
Ok, I did that, but now I get Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error - PTXUTL40.EXE abnormal program termination.

Reinstalled and updated runtime libraries but it stil doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Robert
09-24-2010, 04:03 AM   #19
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DRRobe Quote
Originally posted by Russell-Evans
Uninstall all Pentax software. Go into C:windows\prefetch, select all, and delete. Reboot. Now install the 4.11 software, inserting the 4.0 CD when asked.

Thank you
Russell
---
Ok, I did that, but now I get Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error - PTXUTL40.EXE abnormal program termination.

Reinstalled and updated runtime libraries but it stil doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Robert

I had the same error. The fix (credit to Claus) is easy...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/8340...tml#post858349

Or to summarize, delete or rename this file...

<Drive>:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\application data\Pentax\Digital Camera Utility 4\CheckInfo.ini

Restart PDCU4.

09-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by klh Quote
Or to summarize, delete or rename this file...

<Drive>:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\application data\Pentax\Digital Camera Utility 4\CheckInfo.ini

Restart PDCU4.
You might try emptying the file, then changing the attributes of the file to read only. This might keep DCU4 from ever writing to the file again, in the case where you forget about marking files.

Thank you
Russell
09-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
You might try emptying the file, then changing the attributes of the file to read only. This might keep DCU4 from ever writing to the file again, in the case where you forget about marking files.

Thank you
Russell
Thanks, problem solved!