Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #1

In-Camera Date Printing

Hello there!!
I just bought a Pentax K-7 and I would like to know if there is an in-camera setting to print the date on every picture. I just could not find it in the manual.
If it doesnīt exist, does anybody have a script to print the date on every jpeg file in a folder automatically?
Thanks,
Sam

12-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no such option.

Someone will probably chime in with information of some software which can do the trick!
12-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

The date is imprinted in the EXIF data. Just right click your image and it will tell you everything you want to know. There are many editing programs that allow you to type text on your image. I would prefer that than having the camera stick it on the image. A lot of 35mm P&S cameras imprinted the dates on the film. Sooner or later, I would change the batterys in a hurry somewhere and forget to set the date and the camera would imprint some default date, like Jan. 1,1980 or something. An annoying feature I can do without.
12-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you all for your replies.
Reeftool, you right about the annoying feature on imprinting the wrong date, but sometimes I would rather take the risk. I tell you why. Iīm just back from a two weeks vacation where I took about 1.100 pictures. From those, I printed about 600. I just hadnīt the time nor the patience to edit all of them. I tried the DPOF settings but it didnīt worked.
I just think old-fashion users like me who like to browse on traditional photo-albums, could have the option to imprint or not, the date.
But Iīm sure Iīll find a way around it.....
Thanks

12-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You don't need to edit ll of them - you just need to find software that can automatically extract the date from the EXIF and add it to your prints. My guess is that almost any of the popular packages could do that. I know ACDSee does, but presumably, so it Elements, Picasa, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Might take you some time to find the software install it, and learn to use it, but from then on, you'll be able to add dates to all your prints automatically with just the press of a button - plus you'll have software that allow you to do editing or whatever else you might want to do.
12-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Marc, I will follow your suggestion.
Sam
12-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Faststone can do it.

12-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
Pentaxian

One of the things I like the most about Picasa is the way it organizes my shots in folders by date. It gives the folder a file name by the date you upload to the computer. You can easily change that to another date if you choose. Then I go through the shots and pick out the keepers and move them to an album which I name for what it is like Vacation 2009 or whatever. There is an option which you can choose when you set up the album for automatic date. I don't use it so I can't tell you exactly how it will work. Shots I do PP on in Photoshop or remove noise with Noiseware later are automaticly added to the proper folder with the photo renamed with the same number with "edited 1" added. It makes it very easy to find that photo I'm looking for with hardly any work involved at all. And its FREE!
12-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

You might want to take a look at How to Add Date Time Stamp to JPEG Photos Using Free Software - Digital Photography Tips and Techniques

Thank you
Russell