Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Inactive Account

hotshoe flash

I have an old hotshoe flash that worked on my 35 mm Minolta camera. Is it safe to try it on my new K-x or might I ruin the camera? Are those things made for specific cameras, I can't remember anymore.

12-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If its a basic manual or auto flash )as oppsoed to TTL) it will work, but you want to try to find out its trigger voltage - if it's too high you might indeed ruin the camera. Google the name of the flash and the phrase "trigger voltage" to see if you can find that; also Google that phrase with "K-x" to find what the recommend safe levels are.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flash, hotshoe, pentax help, photography