Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

green button to set exposure

Hi,

Being playing with a super tak I recently got on the k-x for a while now. After reading up on using the green button to set exposure, I have also read that the (+-) can also set exposure, I did a quick test to find both will set exposure in M mode. but, the exposure set is almost always wrong.

Since I am new, I figure green button will give me a ball park figure to start with. But, it is so off that it is not useful at all.

Here is what I did:

1) turn C menu #22 to 2 -- which allows use of aperture ring
2) turn camera off and set to M mode
3) put lens on
4) turn on
5) some times, it will ask for focal length... but most of the time, it won't

I stop down to say f22 and hit the green button/(+-) button. It always set to 1.6" for me. I then stop to f3.5 and hit the green button, it does not change from 1.6"

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

12-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I assume the Super tak is a screw mount lens mounted vi n adapter? The procedure for using those is totally different. If you browse around, you should be able to find instructions. Hint: it depends on if your lens has a "manual / auto" switch and where you position it.

BTW: the cameras should ask for focal length if SR is turned on; it won't if SR is turned off. Presumably that includes use of the timer modes that automatically disables SR.
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks! I will try the SR non SR bit and see. the lens is set to manual since I don't recall k-x is able to push the pin. I will search some more
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I *believe* in Manual mode on the lens, you wouldn't use M mode and Green button on the camera - since as you say, the camera can't stop the lens down anyhow - but instead simply use Av mode and live with the fact that the viewfinder darks as you turn the aperture ring.