Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I must take a closer look.. Nope, can`t see motion blur, note to self, get eyes checked.

Cheers, Mike.
Look at the upper left corner of the red box on the left photo. The highlight on the eye just outside the box is smeared in the 11 O'clock direction. Inside the red box its partner has been corrected. Finding such pin-point highlights makes motion smear correction pretty easy.

Dave

12-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jaa, like i said, must get my eyes checked.
But yes, I do see what you are pointing to.
In my opinion, the 3 pixel focus correction was sufficient to take care of saving the image.. Ok, I am basically lazy.

Cheers, Mike.
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
In my opinion, the 3 pixel focus correction was sufficient to take care of saving the image.. ...

Cheers, Mike.
Oh, I completely agree.

I mostly wanted to demonstrate how the motion correction aspect of FM works.

Actually I'm a little worried that maybe the eyeball shape distorted the highlight into a dash.

Dave

PS can one BE an Ex Finn? I thought that "once a Finn always a Finn"....do you no longer crave lipeäkala?
12-17-2009, 04:11 AM   #19
Forum Member

Newarts and Ex Finn,

You guys are great. Thanks for the demonstration of motion correction and focus correction. You've shown me things to look for and how to correct them.

Edit - I re-read Newarts comments and now see the motion blur and correction.

Last edited by bnorikane; 12-17-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: correct my mistake
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
Oh, I completely agree.

I mostly wanted to demonstrate how the motion correction aspect of FM works.

Actually I'm a little worried that maybe the eyeball shape distorted the highlight into a dash.

Dave

PS can one BE an Ex Finn? I thought that "once a Finn always a Finn"....do you no longer crave lipeäkala?
I know, I know, it is utterly wrong to call one self an ExFinn, there is no such a thing.
I messed up while registering and could not change it .

And no, I do not miss lipeäkalaa , that stuff is nasty. How ever, I do miss smoked Reindeer and Karjalan piirakoita.

Cheers, Mike.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 12-17-2009 at 03:24 PM.
12-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I figured out what one of my problems was. I was in AF-A mode, but I was shooting as if I was in AF-S mode (focus/recompose). The camera was re-focusing on the center point and not on the subject that I wanted.
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
ive actually set the AF button on my K7 so that it will not auto focus when im am holding it down. Im not sure if you can do that with your K2000 with the green button or anything but give it ago. It makes it so easy to just leave the camera on AF-C. Also if im holding it in AF-S it lets me take the photo regardless if the photo is in focus or not =)

12-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
I figured out what one of my problems was. I was in AF-A mode, but I was shooting as if I was in AF-S mode (focus/recompose). The camera was re-focusing on the center point and not on the subject that I wanted.
Aaargh. I may have run into the same problem in the past few days. I was surprised to see some F4 shots with a wrong focus. I even went and did some focus tests (and found that my 16-50 apparently does not back-focus any longer on the K-x, which it did on the K10D).
Well, I set if to AF-S in the menu now, will have to do some tests.

Dan