Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Anyone have this holster case? Or do you have other suggestions?
Lowepro Cirrus TLZ 25 Holster Style Case

12-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Instead of creating a new thread, I'll just ask here. I just bought a K-x as well, and I wanted to know if there's a particular brand of dust removers/rocket blowers/sensor cleaners that is recommended. Or is the K-x's sensor cleaning effective enough to not warrant a purchase of such products anytime soon? (I only have the kit lens for now, but I'm also planning on getting the DA 55-300 in the future.)
12-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
Instead of creating a new thread, I'll just ask here. I just bought a K-x as well, and I wanted to know if there's a particular brand of dust removers/rocket blowers/sensor cleaners that is recommended. Or is the K-x's sensor cleaning effective enough to not warrant a purchase of such products anytime soon? (I only have the kit lens for now, but I'm also planning on getting the DA 55-300 in the future.)
Pentax has a cool "dust map" feature. You can find it in the menu, it will do a test and show any specs of dust on your sensor. As for blowers, whatever you do, don't get a hurricane blower, too powerful. Cleaning your sensor with a blower is occasionally necessary, but not nearly as often as you might think. I've never had to do mine, but then again, I don't really change lenses when I'm outdoors.

$18 for a full cleaning kit, Giottos (good brand)
Amazon.com: Giottos Rocket-Air Blower Professional AA1900 Large + Lenspen Lens Pen Cleaning System + Accessory Kit for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
12-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
Giottos rocket blower.

Giottos Rocket-Air Blower Cleaning AA 1903 Large Red - eBay (item 350295499452 end time Jan-19-10 01:58:02 PST)

12-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the recommendations, erickallemeyn and deadwolfbones!
12-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #21

I got AV cable. Very cool to view your pics on a large screen TV.

Also got a IR remote F. Tiny little thing, very inexpensive.

Also, one of the best bags around, Booq Flow XL. Very few people seem to know about it. Go to their web site and look at it. Fits a 17" laptop, special pocekt for the camera and then a bunch of gear, many pockets. Pricey but built to last and just awesome.
Laptop Backpacks by booq
Bag Week: Booq Boa Flow XL

Last edited by maxmagnum; 12-23-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: new info
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by kpevav Quote
Anyone have this holster case? Or do you have other suggestions?
Lowepro Cirrus TLZ 25 Holster Style Case
I've used one of these (or very similar), extensively since I bought my K100D in April 2008. It can comfortably hold the K100D (or Kx), with either of my lenses attached. There is also a little pouch which can hold a few small accessories, such as a set of spare batteries, SD card and remote.
It's light to carry and offers very good protection.

If I want to carry more than 1 lens, the I use a Lowepro Slingshot 100. With this I can carry the camera with lens attached, plus another 2 lenses plus accessories. If the weather turns nasty then there is a weather proof cover which can be extracted from underneath, which completely covers the bag.

Just taken delivery today of my Kx; the bundle included a Pentax nylon shoulder bag. First impressions indicate that it's an excellent piece of kit, hopefully I'll know more over the coming festive period.

On the battery subject, the Sanyo eneloop seems a favourite (just bought a set, plus the Kx unknown to me came with a set plus a charger!). However I've used Uniross Hybrio together with a uniross sprint charger, no problems (hybrio's are similar to the eneloop, slow discharge).

Regards
Adrian
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are quite a few items you can buy, but may or may not actually need. A bag of some sort, see what you have around the house first, and then based on how you use your camera, then you can make an educated selection on your actual use.

SD cards - You can get great deals on 2 and 4GB cards - just about everywhere. Just how many images are you really going to take at once. This way you can pick up 2 or 3, which is handy. If you take the card out of the camera to download and forget to put it back, you have a spare in the bag. Things like that.

A second set of batteries, and if you go rechargeable - a charger. With my K100, I have always just used CVR3s and never had a problem.

Trying to forecast what you may need can be a fools errand. Take it slow - unless you are going on vacation without a laptop, then batteries and SD cards!!!

Have fun, Happy Holidays!!!!