Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax software needed

Hi,
I just bought a used k10d from here but didn't receive the software disk with it. Does anyone have an extra disk or will I be able to use a different product to process my pics?
Is there a freeware that I can use?
Will I need the Pentax disk to set up anything on my camera such as updates, etc?
Thanks in advance for any help and info.

12-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Inactive Account

You won't need a disk to do any updating of your camera. There are many programs that will help you edit pictures. Do you intend to use raw? There are free raw processor programs. Picasa will not only help edit jpegs but will also convert raw. A quick google search will turn up many programs.
12-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You actually won't need the software since not a lot of people use the Pentax Photo Laboratory to process the RAW files anyway.
If you want to play with the Pentax Remote Assistant though, then you might need the disc or download it from the Pentax imaging site itself.
As for the updates, firmware updates are only available at the Pentax Imaging site.
12-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all

Thanks for the responses. I did download Picasa and a very nice member is assisting me with a disk so that I will have that to play with as well.
I do intend to shoot RAW although I will probably start with JPEG until I learn a bunch more.
Great peeps on this site!!

12-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Nomad.....

You have PM....