Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Cameta camera

Newbie here, has anyone ever bought or dealt with Cameta camera on ebay?, any problems, any good positives?. I was thinking of ordering the battery grip for my K7 + 2 batteries and a 16g card for $259.95.
any help with dealing with them would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks .
Allen

12-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got my k10d through there a few years ago and had no problems.
12-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I bought a few items from them. No problem.
12-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you both very much.

12-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Inactive Account

There are many posts here and on dpreview.com where people have had good success dealing with them. They do seem to have a good reputation.
12-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Check resellerratings.com

QuoteOriginally posted by ACImages Quote
Newbie here, has anyone ever bought or dealt with Cameta camera on ebay?, any problems, any good positives?. I was thinking of ordering the battery grip for my K7 + 2 batteries and a 16g card for $259.95.
any help with dealing with them would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks .
Allen
I've never purchased anything from them, but I have heard good things.

Before buying anything from an unfamiliar online retailer, its a good idea to check them out at a website called ResellerRatings.com. Here is their entry for Cameta:

Cameta Camera - cameta.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

As you can see, their rating is 9.18 out of 10, which is very good by comparison to some of the scam artists out there. One of the best online/mail order retailers, B & H, gets a 9.7, so Cameta is right up there with the best.

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio - bhphotovideo.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

As always, the old saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" applies.
12-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #7

I bought my k20 outfit + 2 lenses from them, plus all the assorted throw-away junk that came with the "kit".
No problems with anything at all.

12-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

They do have a good reputation. I had an impression that they like to sell 'accessory packages' of dubious value with their stuff, but as far as I know they're perfectly trustworthy. If you like the prices, I wouldn't hestitate to do business with them.

(It sounds like a fair price to me on what you're talking about. Though I don't know much about the price of a K-7 grip right now, not in the market.)
12-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies, I ordered the grip package last night, I did check out the reseller rating site and they seemed good so I bought it..
Thanks again to all and have a merry Christmas..
Allen
12-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ACImages Quote
Thanks everyone for your replies, I ordered the grip package last night, I did check out the reseller rating site and they seemed good so I bought it..
Thanks again to all and have a merry Christmas..
Allen

Haha. You, too. Enjoy dat AF button. That's the important part.
12-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I dealt with them before and no problems.
Haven't heard of any mishaps yet with other customers.
12-25-2009, 05:07 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery
I bought my flash from there but it managed to break after about 20 odd shots. Tried contacting vivitar about the problem but couldnt get hold of them. The good guys at cameta said just to ship it back from Aus and they gave me a brand new one and all i payed was the shipping costs.
I'd buy from them again if they had a good deal on something i wanted
12-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've bought from them through ebay sort of recently. All went well. More Importantly, I've dealt with their brick and mortar store in Amityville, Long Island for many years (20+?). They've always been good to deal with.

Merry Christmas to all
12-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TheTenaciousOne Quote
I bought my flash from there but it managed to break after about 20 odd shots. Tried contacting vivitar about the problem but couldnt get hold of them. The good guys at cameta said just to ship it back from Aus and they gave me a brand new one and all i payed was the shipping costs.
I'd buy from them again if they had a good deal on something i wanted
Yeah, I have had this luck with Vivitar too when I tried to contact them about a flash warranty.
I don't even know if Vivitar has personnel to answer such questions.
It would be a good advise to give that if buying a Vivitar brand, make sure that the store you bought the item in warrants the item and not the manufacturer.
There is this store in ebay that sells the Vivitar 285HV flash that states that it comes with 1 or 2 year warranty but when you try to ask them if it is them that gives it, they say that you should contact the manufacturer Vivitar. Bummer!
Now, that is false advertising!
I will never deal with those companies again!
12-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!