Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #16

Original Poster
thank you very much for the replies, i really like my camera...haha...i have begun to practice, hope you can see my little pictures soon :-)

12-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

start racking up the shutter count and learn as you go

thats how I learned!
12-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Another suggestion for you is to look at the monthly photo "contests" on forums like this, or the galleries of user photos. See what inspires you and try to do likewise.
12-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
just have fun

take 1000 photos a day play with everthing on the camera learn the rules then break all of them then go back to the rules most of all just have fun ;]
lumpy

12-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #20

The K-x book came out yesterday. You can get it here for only $11:
PENTAX DSLRs

Judging from sample pages, looks nice. As far as the actual value of instruction and clear advantage over the official manual, can't tell. People seem to like the author's previous books.

I got my K-x recently and been playing with menus, options, taking test pictures, learning my way through it. It is not as hard as it initially seemed. Once you're past the initial sensory overload and start retaining what you've read and with a little help of the manual and this great forum, you can advance quickly. At least in being able to properly understand and use camera's features. In my personal experience, no matter how many books you buy and read, practice and own experience are invaluable. If you still think you need another book, 11 bucks certainly ain't much.