Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

"A" lens and SR and focal length?

Hi,

I can't find it in search. When using "A" lens, with SR on, if will record length in exif. but, with SR off, it won't. I know camera needs to know length for SR reasons. But, why can't it just keep the length till changed in the exif? After all, you can certainly fool it by turning off SR then change to another non-FA lens no?

This seems like a firmware changeable item? The reason being, at times, handheld with flash on or high shutter speed, SR gives me soft pics. I am not going to discuss k-x gives soft pics as there are other threads dedicated for that topic. But, my own experience, A/B shots with SR with out SR with flash on, the ones with SR are more prone to slight blur. But, turning SR off won't give me focal length recording thus harder to sort through my pics.

thanks

12-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

You are quite right that technically it could probably be done in the firmware.
I think the main reason why Pentax does not is programmatically, it is much easier to do:
IF SR=on, then write FL into EXIF ELSE not.
Otherwise it is more complicated (SR is off, but was on since the last time the lens was changed, etc...)
Not impossible, but they decided not to do it.
12-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Diffusion Quote
You are quite right that technically it could probably be done in the firmware.
I think the main reason why Pentax does not is programmatically, it is much easier to do:
IF SR=on, then write FL into EXIF ELSE not.
Otherwise it is more complicated (SR is off, but was on since the last time the lens was changed, etc...)
Not impossible, but they decided not to do it.
And if they had done it, somebody (obviously not anyone on these forums!) would change lenses with SR off and complain that the lens was reported as 28mm when it was actually 400.