Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pentax kx to hd tv

Hi is there any way to conect my pentax kx to a hd tv and display the 720p video without loosing any quality.

Thanks

12-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Unfortunately the K-x lacks the mini-HDMI port that the K-7 has, so you won't be able to get the HD output from the camera. The only way to connect from the camera to the TV is via regular component video, which outputs at 480i. If your TV has an SD card reader built-in, you could try plugging the memory card directly in.

- Jason
12-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Igilligan

NONONO

Jason, Are you serious... It has Hd video, but you cant play it out of the camera?

WTF! How many computers are set up to deal with Hd video file editing? (not mine) How many have HD DVD burners in them? (Not mine) So I will have HD capable video, but no way to play it! Exept on a non hd laptop.

I was just about to order one of these with the 55-300. But no way now!

Am I straight up missing something? I am not very computer savy... I could be just rantin' for no reason.

Will a new Imac have HD video editing / burning capabilities?

Last edited by Igilligan; 12-26-2009 at 07:18 PM.
12-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Jason, Are you serious... It has Hd video, but you cant play it out of the camera?
I kid you not. The only port on the K-x is the USB/video port. As far as I can tell, HD video output is not an option through this port.

QuoteQuote:
Will a new Imac have HD video editing / burning capabilities?
All new and recent (2008 and beyond) Macs should have the ability to output either HD resolutions or native resolutions similar to HD. If the Mac has either a DVI, mini-DVI, or mini-DisplayPort, then you should be able to connect the Mac to an HDTV either directly or via some adapter. You should also be able to connect via VGA and get native resolutions similar to HD.

- Jason

12-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are adpters available USB to HDMI....

usb to HDMI adaoter - Google Search

You can also roll the file on to a thumb drive if the TV has a USB port...
12-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #6

It works with the WDTV Live through USB, skips a frame once and then but nothing terrible. Might work with the original WDTV but never tested it.