Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have a few fantastic primes.To me,if you want the tack sharp images,take the primes.The only downside to that is that you'll be changing lenses more often if you want the different focal lengths.But if your happy with the performance of the the 18-55 and 50-135,take them to minamise your lens changing and the risk of dust entering your camera.

01-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #17
Forum Member

Air Port problems.

Food for thought.
With the problems the Air Port has had with another attempt of a bombing, you are now limited to what you can carry with you on board. They have turned away women that had to large of a purse. This means that you will have to put most camera gear on as luggage and the Air Port or the Flight Companies do not insure anything lost or stolen that is up to you to get extra insurance. I will be just taking a small camera bag just large enough to carry a camera and the rest in luggage. It will cost me an additional $45 to insure my luggage for up to $500 Iím told.
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Definitely go light. I mostly use the 40 and 70. The other day I went out with the fisheye mounted. I actually noticed the increased bulk and weight. It was a pain. I am completely converted to the LTDs whenever carrying the camera around.

A nice small and light setup is great.

For walkaround you either need a tiny bag or camera on strap + 2 lenses in pockets. K7 + 3 LTDs is tiny and th images are great.

On a side note: I took the kids to the zoo yesterday. K7 + 40 only. The number of giant canikons i saw was amazing. Huge FF bodies (or maybe just huge APS-C) bodies with giant lenses. And what are they shooting.... same as me in this case, their kids. Even a K7 is overkill for this. KX + 40 would have done just fine. I did see one k20d... with a huge lens. It fit in well

mike