Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma 28mm 1.8 on K1000

I have a Sigma 28mm 1.8 DG EX on order for the digital. The only film K mount I have at present is a K1000. Can this lens be safely mounted on this body? And, can it be used as if it were an "M" lens?
Thanks,
Charles

12-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To use it on the K1000 film camera, it will need to have an aperture ring, as the early K SLRs have no way to read the electronic aperture signals. If it has an aperture ring, then the camera can read that, and you can use it in the same ways, with the same limitations as an M or K series lens.
12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
To use it on the K1000 film camera, it will need to have an aperture ring, as the early K SLRs have no way to read the electronic aperture signals. If it has an aperture ring, then the camera can read that, and you can use it in the same ways, with the same limitations as an M or K series lens.
Yes, this one does. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't some kind of contacts or linkages in autofocus lenses that tht might be damaged by a manual mount.
12-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c a sugg Quote
Yes, this one does. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't some kind of contacts or linkages in autofocus lenses that tht might be damaged by a manual mount.
You're good. Got one of these lined up, myself.

You will find it convenient, by the way, to have the lens off the 'a' setting before you mount it to the K1000, is all. (Easiest done just before you unmount the lens from your digital.) But congratulations, you're in compatibility-land.