Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Battery Usage Question

Hi folks, I was going through the settings last night with my K-x. I was wondering how much of a battery drain difference will there be with the Blue lamp on high low or off? And the same question goes for the theme colors. Will a darker theme drain less battery than a bright theme? ie White on white. Or are these all negligible?

12-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm going to say the power consumption with the blue lamp and changing the color theme is negligible. However, in my opinion live view and the big LCD which tells the camera setting with cause battery drain. Similar to that of P&S cameras. I have my KM with all those setting off and noticed no significant difference in battery life. I do have the big LCD off due to the fact that at night it's annoying.
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks for the input. As this is my first camera, I couldn't really test out the differences but I left mine at full brightness setting with no pic review after shot. The color theme is the original one and blue light is default. This battery seems to lasts quite a while, about 3 days. It's been about 3 weeks since I got my camera and I've already taken about 2067 pictures. So I do use it quite a bit. I'm going to have to try out a different color theme to see if that makes a difference.