Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #1

Stupid Question about Pop-Up Flash on the Pentax K-x

Hi, I just got a K-x yesterday, and find the instruction book nearly incomprehensible, but that's another story....my problem is that I pop up the pop-up flash constantly !.....now, I was shooting in the house so perhaps it was doing it because of the low light, but, it could also be that I am accidently hitting the button......I rarely use flash so I don't want it to pop up ....

......should I be checking the iso setting? and can I just tape the damned thing down ?

thanks !

12-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some of the auto modes will pop it up automatically, except for the no-flash mode. If you use P, Av, Tv, Sv, M, etc. it will not pop-up.
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi

When looking into the camera screen press the flash button - it’s below the ok button.
From the list of flash modes choose manual flash - normally the first option but it depends on the mode you are shooting.
Click the ok button. From now on the flash will not pop up even if you have no light enough.

In the moments you will want to use the flash, you pop it up by pressing the flash up/delete button on the top left side of the camera.

Best regards,
12-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #4

On my K2000, I have to set it to "flash on". Then flash will pop-up only if I hit the flash button.