Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x (Blue Sky)

Hi
I've just joined the site as iv just purchased a K-x its my first DSLR and an affordable one and I liked the low light capability
I bought the K-x two days ago so I'm only just getting the feel of it and finding my way around the various settings.On page 84 of the manual it states there is a (Blue Sky and Sunset) option in Live view when the dial is set on (Auto Pic) can someone please check it out as I cant find it.

Last edited by regbaron; 12-31-2009 at 03:16 PM.
12-31-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
You are not alone. I can't find it either.
01-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #3

since it's "autu pict" mode, i think you cannot change the actual shooting mode between all the options kx brought to you. i think it means that in live view, these two scenes can be automatically chosen by the program, and as far as i know, the sunset mode is in SCN mode (can be seen in the dial). as for the blue sky, i cannot find it in the manual, anyone can? maybe this is the problem.
01-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ITech Quote
since it's "autu pict" mode, i think you cannot change the actual shooting mode between all the options kx brought to you. i think it means that in live view, these two scenes can be automatically chosen by the program, and as far as i know, the sunset mode is in SCN mode (can be seen in the dial). as for the blue sky, i cannot find it in the manual, anyone can? maybe this is the problem.
Yes you are right.I sent an email to Yvon Bourque who has published an E-book on the Pentax K-x which you can download for a small fee from here
( PENTAX DSLRs: The Pentax K-x e-book is actually completed and ready to download. ) He states that the (Blue Sky) option is only integrated into the (Auto Pic) setting and is really the same as Landscape with an emphasis on blue sky. (quote)

Last edited by regbaron; 01-03-2010 at 12:07 AM.
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yvon is a guy.
01-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Yvon is a guy.
Have Corrected.

Last edited by regbaron; 01-03-2010 at 12:10 AM.