Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #1

Newbie K100D Bracketing Help

I am brand new to DSLR photography and I am playing around with my new K100D. I am trying out the auto bracketing feature but I can't see to get it to work. I press the FN button then, select the last option which is Auto Bracketing. The top display shows that auto bracketing is turned on but when press the shutter release button only one picture is taken. I figured three would show up...one under exposed, one normal and one over exposed.

I've tried using RAW and three star JPG.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

06-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
try holding the button down for the 3 pic's, otherwise it's just like taking a single picture.

If you want more than 3 pictures taken hold the button for the 3 pic's then quickly release the button and press it again and again.

Edit, Welcome to Pentax Forums afschmitt.

Bracketing basically works the same as continuous shooting. I've never tried it on Auto, however the book doesn't say it won't work in auto.
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's funny, I answered the same question on DPR when I first registered there. Soon after this site opened and I haven't posted there again!

But like he said, just hold the button down... click, click, click.
06-20-2007, 06:00 AM   #4

I'm was a total noob as well and had the same question. Of course, when I only got one pic, I asked myself, "what if I hold it down?" And when I got 3 pics, I then said, "hmm, were those the bracketed shots?" And a little trip to the playback+info button showed the +0.0eV, -0.5eV and +0.5eV (I used +/- 1/2, +/- 1/3 is also an option).

It never hurts just to try something and see if it does what you might think it does. The manual absolutely sucks, and I don't think even the Magic Lantern guidebook clarified that either. I've found all sorts of little details by just "playing" with my K100D -- including dealing with manual, pre-A lenses. Still getting the metering down on those though.