Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

I need your help ! T.T

sr man, my English is not good, but hope you will understand my problem. I just got k2000 1 month ago. I dont know what happen with my camera focus.
I set my camera into Manual Focus, the focus objects seem very clear but the pictures come out very blurry. Otherwise, I set in Auto Focus, the focus objects
are blurry but the pictures come out clearly. I already adjust diopter level on my camera but it doesn't change anything. Does anyone has that trouble ?
I really need your advices. Can you repair it by yourself ? I dun wanna send my camera to Pentax Company, it takes too long to repair my camera.
Thank you very much.

01-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by letgo12345 Quote
sr man, my English is not good, but hope you will understand my problem. I just got k2000 1 month ago. I dont know what happen with my camera focus.
I set my camera into Manual Focus, the focus objects seem very clear but the pictures come out very blurry. Otherwise, I set in Auto Focus, the focus objects
are blurry but the pictures come out clearly. I already adjust diopter level on my camera but it doesn't change anything. Does anyone has that trouble ?
I really need your advices. Can you repair it by yourself ? I dun wanna send my camera to Pentax Company, it takes too long to repair my camera.
Thank you very much.
Ah, it sounds as though your focusing screen may be out of alignment: that's why the autofocus is doing something different from what it appears to be doing in the viewfinder.

Has this problem been there since you got the camera, or has it appeared recently?

I believe the problem can be rectified by adding or removing some shims that hold the screen in position, but I don't know about that model... I'll let someone else talk to you about fixes. I understand it's very doable. (at least on some models) Welcome to the Forums, btw.
01-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Has this been a problem from day one, or did it just start happening?
It sure does sound like a bad diopter to me.
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for your reading. I dont remember when it happen. I just realized something wrong with the Focus about 3 weeks ago ( i bought my camera in 11-11-2009).

01-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something indeed is not right between the viewfinder and the image appearing on the sensor.
If the camera's AF is producing clear photos and the scene isn't clear through the VF - it must be the diopter. Have you really tried to adjust the diopter to each side - it should make a clear difference.
If not is the diopter mechanism faulty? Was it hit/banged in any way?
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
Has this been a problem from day one, or did it just start happening?
It sure does sound like a bad diopter to me.
+1 on the diopter correction being maladjusted.
Just a guess....
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Finally, I found out the focusing screen out of alignment,i have to take it out, turned it over, and done! . Thank you guys