Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

My last experience in bad weather was some days ago when a was made some sunset very near the water and very windy.

My K20d and DA*16-50 came very wet and salty from the strong breze wind, i cleaned in the local but when i came home i put in the shower and cleaned it very well.

The Weather Sealing work very well for the two ocasion, so you donīt need have scare for put it in this condition.

Next time i wash my K20D and the lens i will take some pictures.

01-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
i cleaned in the local but when i came home i put in the shower and cleaned it very well.
I really hope that was just a translation error...
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cleaning your camera, weathersealed or not, in the shower, is just tempting fate, (showers are under *pressure* for one,) and a lot of tap water isn't what you want on optics, anyway.

I treat the weathersealing as making up for the fact that there are computers inside, and an ability to treat a camera like a camera, not an open motherboard. With a fully-sealed package, you can have fun, but carelessness and lots of water+photography just don't mix.

As for snow, if you can let*any* camera's skin chill a bit before exposing to snow, it'll mean less meltwater, if any.