Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #1

[langtitle=fr]Beginner with K-x[/langtitle]

Hi everybody,

more than beginner I'm French so it will be difficult for me to explain my problems and for you to understand me !

I just bought my first reflex camera : the Pentax K-x. After a few pictures I'm a bit surprised of the quality. This must be due to my bad skills as a beginners. I have to try again and again to get familiar with this tools.

Before that I have a few questions (and fears) :

- In LiveView mode (or videocamera) I can ear some strange noises in the camera, a mechanical purr. Is it normal ?

- Another strange noise when I take a picture : Tchic, Thic, Crriiiiiccc !!! The first two sounds are normal but the third one also sounds like a mechanical purr. Do I am Crazy ?

- VLC video playeur says about all my films that the fils are scrached. ? Normal ?!

Thank you in advance.
For your reply.

01-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to the manual, some mechanical noise is normal when focusing and then the mirror flips up to take the picture. The focusing motor and SR are probably running more or less continuously.

I'm not sure what the VLC player is telling you, perhaps that the brightness is off?
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. The K-x will be making significant noise when shooting, especially in live view mode. This is normal.
Enjoy your camera and your time here.
01-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
Oups I made a mistake. VLC said that my files are "broken" ! And I can repair them to play them. Weird.