Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
will not flash

got my k-x 3 weeks ago. I can't get the built in flash to pop up or flash. Are there some settings I can do (or undo)? New to dslr.

Thanks

01-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by minolta2pentax Quote
got my k-x 3 weeks ago. I can't get the built in flash to pop up or flash. Are there some settings I can do (or undo)? New to dslr.

Thanks

I don't have a K-x, I have a K10D. Looking at the Pentax webpage, I see that there is a button on the back of the K-x, to the left of the viewfinder, with a little lightning bolt. This is the flash pop-up button. Have you tried this button?

I'm not sure about the K-x, but on my K10D, the flash does NOT automatically pop-up. Mine flashes a lightning bolt in the viewfinder and on the top LCD, telling me that the camera thinks I should use a flash. It does not prevent me from taking the picture without it.

If I pop the flash up (on the K10D, the button is on the front) then the camera will fire the flash.

In other words, the camera is giving me advice, not an order. I may have a good reason for not wanting to use flash. In any event, the camera lets me.
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #3

I have the K-x, and the flash should pop up automatically in low light settings if you've got it set on automatic. To do that, you can find the instructions in the manual and they're easy to follow! If your flash is set on manual, then you have to use the trash can button/flash button with the little lightning bolt/trash can to pop it up. It's found at the far top left.
01-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks,
when I push the button for the flash to pop up still nothing happens. I have tried different modes in low light and it still will not pop up and flash. The lightening bolt in the viewfinder will flash but still will not initiate the flash.
thanks

01-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
Forum Member

The flash button on the K-x also doubles as a delete button in review mode.
Could you try the following. Take a picture you can delete. The press the blue "Play" button - you will enter the review mode. It should show the picture just taken.
Now press the flash/delete button to the left of the view finder.
If it offers to delete, then the button works. If not, the button is faulty and your camera needs repair.
Now, if the delete works, switch back into shooting mode (press the "Play" button again) and try pushing that button again.

Hope it works.
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks Difussion, I am able to delete pics. That is what has me puzzled most knowing that the button works. I was hoping that it was something I changed.
once again,
Thanks
01-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I spoke with Pentax and I have to send my camera in for repair.

Thanks