Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #1

Where to buy Pentax in Vegas?

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread but excuse me (or please move my question to the proper one) if it's not.

I'm on my way to Vegas (Nevada) at the end of the month and I would like to buy the k7 + SMC-FA 31mm f/1.8 AL while I'm there. Is there any store that sells that around Riviera and Circus Hotels or do you think I should get those online and organize the shipment to my room while I'm there (6 days in vegas)? Is that even possible? Has anyone done it that way? if so, which online store would you recommend for that purpose?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Cheers,

Michal

01-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't know of any camera store that carries Pentax in Vegas. There may be one but I haven't found it yet (I haven't done an exhaustive search, either). In fact, it doesn't seem like there's much for camera stores in Vegas at all (if someone knows of one, let me know, too).

You might want to ask Casey's Camera if they could order for you, but you'd pay full price and they aren't particularly close to the Strip - located on East Tropicana. I'm also not sure they are still an authorized dealer (though they did have a couple of K-mount used lenses when I visited the store last summer). I was otherwise pleased with their service, they have a good collection of tripods and went a long way toward helping me make up my mind which tripod to buy.

If you are going to order on-line and ship to the hotel, I'd probably start by contacting either/both B&H or Adorama. I've talked to B&H a couple of times about something that was out of the ordinary and have always found them helpful, trustworthy and a delight to deal with. While I've ordered several items from Adorama, I've never had a reason to contact them directly so have no experience with their customer service.
01-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think on-line is the way to go. You might want to contact the hotel to see how they want to manage this before placing the order.
01-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Forum Member

Be sure to contact your local customs office. You may have to pay taxes when returning to your country. Or you can risk returning home with the camera and lens in your hand and say they aren't new and you had them before the trip, but that would mean throwing away all boxes and still isn't garanted to work (at least here in Portugal, customs are a real pain...).

01-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #5

Las Vegas

I spent 5 days in Las Vegas last November. I had a rental car and drove ALL OVER looking for Pentax gear. There were a few K7 bodies available on the strip camera/film shops but all were priced WAY over list price (like 15% high). No doubt there was room to negotiate but I certainly didn't find any screaming deals. I don't recall anyone on the strip having any Pentax glass. I finally found a few lenses and a K20D body at a R.C. Willey store. That's it...all in all I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I should have looked in more pawn shops

Treetop
01-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks very much for all your advice. It's very helpfull and due to your remarks I plan ahead on buying my gear online before coming to NV.

Again, thanks very much

Michal
01-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #7

Hi,
I went looking for the k7 last night, I live in Vegas,
Fry's electronics is the only store I called (out of 7) that had the K7 and lenses in stock.
OK price too.
FRYS.com|Pentax
They are also located on the strip, south, past Mirage and Luxor.
Good luck!
Dave