Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joodiespost Quote
that looks like it can still easily slip out of your hands
The point of that device is not to weld the camera to your hand. As you correctly guess, it does nothing whatsoever to enhance your grip on the camera. There are other products for that purpose.

What this simple wrist loop does is to provide protection against a dropped camera smashing to the ground. It does it in an unobtrusive manner. It is simple to attach. It has an almost universal mount. It is lightweight. It takes up almost no space. It is flexible. It is less prone to snagging on things. It is neither comfortable nor uncomfortable; you hardly notice it is there at all. It is almost totally idiot-proof.

I will point out that this device is NOT intended to be used as a wrist strap to dangle your camera from as you walk along. Under such use the tripod mount screw WILL work itself loose. This is the strap for people who don't like straps of any kind, preferring to always have their camera directly in hand, yet who would like some protection against an accidental drop. I repeat: It is an anti-drop strap; not a carry strap.

01-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

I dropped the camera few times but it was never alone, I was also with it . few times on slippery surfaces (rocks, snow etc) but I think K10D is quite well built it took all with ease.
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
The point of that device is not to weld the camera to your hand. As you correctly guess, it does nothing whatsoever to enhance your grip on the camera. There are other products for that purpose.

What this simple wrist loop does is to provide protection against a dropped camera smashing to the ground. It does it in an unobtrusive manner. It is simple to attach. It has an almost universal mount. It is lightweight. It takes up almost no space. It is flexible. It is less prone to snagging on things. It is neither comfortable nor uncomfortable; you hardly notice it is there at all. It is almost totally idiot-proof.

I will point out that this device is NOT intended to be used as a wrist strap to dangle your camera from as you walk along. Under such use the tripod mount screw WILL work itself loose. This is the strap for people who don't like straps of any kind, preferring to always have their camera directly in hand, yet who would like some protection against an accidental drop. I repeat: It is an anti-drop strap; not a carry strap.
you market for these folks or what? so where can I get one of those
01-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joodiespost Quote
you market for these folks or what? so where can I get one of those
It is manufactured by Hakuba, but I don't think it is among their export products. The model number is 301038.

01-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today

Dropped and lost the lens hood for my 18-55 today skiing.....about 20 minutes after I told my buddy that I should take it off so as not to lose it....was bright though and glare off snow was nasty.
01-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
It is manufactured by Hakuba, but I don't think it is among their export products. The model number is 301038.
thanks for the info ^^ sounds like hakuna matada, don't worry be happy