Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think for a "skiing/walk around when its raining" lens the kit is fine. The DA * lenses are pretty big and bulky. I have skiied with my DA *16-50, but it isn't much fun. Much better to have the kit on there.

01-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I spoke with a sales rep from one of the local shops and his view is that the KX is not selling well here (but I understand it is selling well elsewhere). The main complaint is that it is simply too "plasticy".

Beyond that, I think the differences between the KX and K7 are not well understood. If all that matters to you is taking pictures in dark conditions without a flash, then the KX might be tight camera. I would suggest you compare low ISO shots between the two, if that is going to be the majority of the pictures you take. Some other features, like weather sealing, are well understood, but other features, such as low light focusing or mirror lockup, tend to get overlooked. Some of these features might be important to you.

For me, I am happy with the K7 but would not be with the KX. Hopefully the next high end camera out the door will be better in the high ISO department, and will retain what makes the K7 a great camera.
01-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
I just got my K7 yesterday and though I've only had a few moments to play with it, thus far I'm very impressed...

I've only used the K20D, but it really feels like a race car next to a sedan...

It's just very sharp and responsive... The viewfinder seems not just bigger in that it's 100% but also sharper..

I'm pleased...