Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #1

K10D+540 flash using trailing flash wirelessly

Hi all
I got the 540flash two days ago and I have got most stuff to work.

I have software upgrade 1.30 for K10D - the camera and flash are talking on channel 1 and all works fine with flash on camera. I can change dial on flash to trailing half press shutter and it will show that icon on flash.

It will work of camera wirelessly in normal flash mode but does not seem to recognise being changed to trailing flash.
Should this feature work wirelessly - the manual seems to suggest it should.

I have tried changing the custom settings on the camera to both master and control with no apparent effect.
I have also repeated the procedure to marry camera and flash.

I have looked through various articles and forums on site about 540, but with no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

01-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to set the flash to trailing shutter mode with the slide switch on the flash.
01-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
You need to set the flash to trailing shutter mode with the slide switch on the flash.
Thanks for answering = do you mean the horizontal slider on the back of the flash - if so I have done that! When it is on the camera and I slide it and half press the shutter it shows change on flash but when it is off camera and in wireless mode and the slider is moved to trailing flash nothing appears to happen. I assume this would not happen until the camera flash strobed to send message to slave 540, but no perceptual change in picture.
I am guessing you have a 360 or 540 and are able to do this - any further help - thoughts would be appreciated.