Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
This looks like a K Mount but not at the same time?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 3GS  Photo 
01-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that might be Minolta A. There's not enough distance between the lens locking pin slot and the screwdriver AF. Pentax only uses two electrical contacts inside the chrome ring, not 5, and those contacts are only on Power Zoom and SDM lenses.

You may have noticed by now that a simple photo of the lens mount is not that easy.
01-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Which is why again, don't even bother with lenses that are not clearly marked as Pentax K-mount. If it says Pentax but not K-mount, read the description to see if it says screwmount or M42. If it still isn't clear, ask the seller. if they don't know, avoid that seller like the plague - if they don't know what kind of mountit is, they clearly don't know if the lens even works.

Bottom line: there are far too many clearly marked Pentax lenses in the world to keep wasting time on the rest.
01-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #19

Original Poster
I didnt think it was a K, but the guy said it was for a Pentax, guess not.

01-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Camera Lens Mount Identification Guide

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

This page has photos of most of the major (and minor) SLR lens mounts; I find it quite useful for trying to figure out just what is what. But I'll reiterate a point made above: if the seller doesn't even know what camera the lens is for, they almost certainly can't judge its quality or usability. Look elsewhere. And any listing that includes the words "I don't know anything about cameras but..." should be skipped immediately, unless you just want something to use for target practice or a stage prop or chew toy.