Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
I just thought the OP needed more specific instruction after he replied that he was looking under the FN menu system. No offense meant.

Thank you
Russell
Wasn't referring to you Russell' Was pointing out that specific instructions had been given. Doesn't really matter anyway I guess. Typical of help forums in general, people tend to over-complicate things (guilty of it myself sometimes).

01-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #17

Original Poster
My apologies to all for not replying earlier. Sleep then work interrupted. Many thanks to all. Russell-E, found the #11, I will try it. JeffJS, yes a bluish cast. I have been shooting everything in Raw, then when opening in Photoshop I use the Temperature slider to adjust all pics to 5000k and Presto (flash shots). I will read everyones posts again and experiment, even read the manual again. Thanks for everyones help, signing out - Warwick
01-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As for the yellow cast indoors *without* flash, that is pretty normal for *any* camera, simply because tungsten light really *is* yellow. If you want the camera to lie to you and make the picture loo otherwise, that's fine, but that's why there is a "tungsten" option on the wb menu, so you can tell the camera when you want it to lie to you and when you don't. If it just decided to lie abut the color any time it saw a lot of yellow, you'd end up with washed out color in scenes that really are yellow. Some cameras (like the K-7) do provide the option to allow the camera to make that call, and that's exactly the penalty you pay for this - you get less than ideal *outdoors* if there is a lot of yellow in the picture.

So the basic way one should expect to use a camera is to use AWB most of the time, but explicitly set tungsetn WB when shooting under tungsten light.