Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Inactive Account

thinking about buying the pentax k-x

hi,
Ive always loved photography and now im finally getting into it. im really really thinking about getting the pentax k-x as my first camera. the only things that turn me off about the camera is that there are not many professional photographers using pentax cameras and it makes me think it wouldn't be the best camera if i want to go professional and the picture quality aren't the best . most of my friends are nikon or canon users and almost all of their pictures come out so clear but when i see pentax k-x photos im not amazed. so can someone send some links my way of photos taken with a pentax k-x that look as amazing as the other brands entry level dslr cameras. plz help i really would like to be a pentaxian vs a nikon/canon user

01-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum.

Most of my friends drive a Toyota. They call me for help with my Dodge Durango 4wd when they get stuck. I am not sure about the circumstances whereby you see only great CanNikon pics and not so great K-x pics. I am SURE its not the same photographer since thats the biggest part of the equation. So try this, go to a retail store where you can buy a camera and return it in a week if you are not satisfied. Thats how I ended up with Pentax a year ago. I went and bought a Nik and realized the magic is NOT in the camera. Reading this forum showed me I had world-wide access to experienced photographers who also realized the same thing long before I did. But regardless which brand you try, if you like, keep it. You only have to please yourself. Somebody else's pictures will not help predict how your pics will come out. If ever the phrase "your mileage may vary" applied, its here.

Good luck.

Hope to see you back but if not happy shooting regardless.
01-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Here is a link to DPReview's collection of K-x samples.

Pentax K-x Review Samples Gallery: Digital Photography Review
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
.......anyone can shoot clear pictures. Using the camera to see what you want the world to see, blurry, fuzzy, sharp......it happens with photographers who know their gear inside and out. Pentax is one of the best values for the money and their lenses are world class. The k-x is not a pro level camera and it would not be the body you would use if you were to go pro. But the k10, k20 and k7 are, and the lenses you will use and fall in love with on your k-x will be ready to go when you buy another Pentax body. Not so with Canon, Nikon, Olympus or Panasonic.
Good luck with your choices and enjoy shooting

01-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you all for the feed back help me to understand what i need to do....def getting my k-x to learn with and then later on i will get a higher level pentax camera