Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

which pentax is best for shooting people?

i am thinking about starting my own photography/styling company and i want to know which pentax is best for like fashion shoots or shoots with people in general? i really want the k-x even though i understand its an entry-level camera and for right now an entry-level camera is what i need so if im going to be doing a lot of practice photo shoots and things is this a good camera or should i buy a different kind?

01-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum. You can buy any current (or recent) DSLR you like, they will all do the job. Unfortunately it's not that easy, it's the talent of the photographer and the lenses and lighting that count.
01-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Alright i'll bite, if you need to ask you need to think of a new business idea.
01-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The one I have in my hand is the answer here.

Tim

01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Alright i'll bite, if you need to ask you need to think of a new business idea.
i know more about nikons and canons cameras im just trying to learn about pentax cameras thank you very much
01-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
Pentaxian

This one is probably pretty good:
Pentax Gameseeker Essential Optics Outfit - Gameseeker 4-12x40 Riflescope & DCF 10x42 Binoculars Rifle scope FREE S&H KB60000. Pentax Riflescopes.
01-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
Nubi

Pentax is better than anybody for not being known in this day and age.
01-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Welcome to the forum. You can buy any current (or recent) DSLR you like, they will all do the job. Unfortunately it's not that easy, it's the talent of the photographer and the lenses and lighting that count.

thank you .... everyone else save your stupid behind the computer comment for someone else no need to be dickheads seriously grow up

01-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Ok guys take it easy, Beginners Corner is supposed to stay friendly.
01-29-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Pentax is better than anybody for not being known in this day and age.
We have two cameras, one full featured and the other neutered, it's pretty clear which to choose if you're planning on being a pro.
01-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LosHollyBeach Quote
i am thinking about starting my own photography/styling company and i want to know which pentax is best for like fashion shoots or shoots with people in general? i really want the k-x even though i understand its an entry-level camera and for right now an entry-level camera is what i need so if im going to be doing a lot of practice photo shoots and things is this a good camera or should i buy a different kind?
Honestly I have istDL, K100, K100super, K10, and K20, all digitals and they all are capable of better photo's than my abality can accomplish. I see no reason why the KX would not do the same. Cameras and lens are no better than the operator. Go for it if you like pentax. Ps. most of the people in here are mostly friendly and try to be helpful
01-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmc7104 Quote
Honestly I have istDL, K100, K100super, K10, and K20, all digitals and they all are capable of better photo's than my abality can accomplish. I see no reason why the KX would not do the same. Cameras and lens are no better than the operator. Go for it if you like pentax. Ps. most of the people in here are mostly friendly and try to be helpful
IQ is not the issue, if i am a pro i don't want to be menu digging, i want the better build, I want to be able to select my AF point, I want dual dials, i want external buttons, i want faster everything.

There's no decision to be made here.
01-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K-x is only missing a few features, and is currently a champ for high-ISO, and is faster than any previous Pentax digital body except for the current flagship K-7. If you're serious about growing however, and aren't planning on pushing the envelope with high-ISO, I'd suggest picking up a K10D or K20D and save your money for glass, flash, and tripod. The K10D and K20D have more of a pro/advanced amateur feature set than the K-x. Not that the K-x is a particularly bad move--it's still a lot of camera for the money--it just has a few niggling economies that people who are used to other models might miss. In particular, no AF point indicators in the viewfinder as well as no ability to manually select individual AF points, no cable release socket (though there is an IR remote), no available portrait/battery grip. Some of us also like the top-panel LCD which other models offer but this one lacks.

If you're comparing the K-x against similar models from other manufacturers, it's pretty competitive.
01-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Easy to tell who are stuck in snow waist deep.. Lighten up, winter only lasts for half a year.

Cheers, Mike.