Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2010, 04:54 AM   #1

Pentax K100D - "memory card error"

Hi there,

I've bought my first ever DSLR (second hand from Ebay). It didn't come with a memory card so I bought this one:

Play.com (UK) : Play.com 8GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card : Electronics - Free Delivery

However, I am just getting "memory card error" when inserting into the camera. I have switched camera off, and left batteries out for a few minutes and tried again, as suggested on another forum. But no joy, just get "memory card error" every single time.

All the previous owner can tell me is he doesn't "know what the "HC" bit in "SDHC" means.

I've read that the camera may not necessarily be OK with high capacity cards? Is this true?

Any ideas very gratefully received!

Thanks,
Gareth

02-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

In order to utilize an SDHC card on your Pentax K100D, you will need to upgrade the firmware. As delivered, the K100 only read SD cards.
02-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

did you format the card to your camera already?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, card, memory, pentax help, pentax k100d, photography