Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Focus issues

Hi to everybody,
my mint Ozeck 135 is just arrived...
it's a K mount and fits my K20d very well, in M mode when I push the green button the diaphram goes for a moment at the right aperture, and the red dot give me the perfect focus but... all the shots aren't in focus!
I don't know why...

02-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Damn Brit

The red dot isn't giving you focus, that's just showing you where the area of focus is.
You have to focus the lens manually and when in focus, a green hexagon will appear at the bottom of the viewfinder.
02-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

You might have to turn the focus ring.....
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Assuming it's a manual focus lens, the confirmation is just regarding somethng near the center of the image. If you're shooting at a large aperture, DOF will be pretty thin, but *something* near the center shuld indeed be in focus if the green hexagon comes on. As mentioned, the red dot does not confirm tha focus has been achieved. It's just the camera's way of saying, "yes, I recognize that you are trying to focus on something near here".

02-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Assuming it's a manual focus lens, the confirmation is just regarding somethng near the center of the image. If you're shooting at a large aperture, DOF will be pretty thin, but *something* near the center shuld indeed be in focus if the green hexagon comes on. As mentioned, the red dot does not confirm tha focus has been achieved. It's just the camera's way of saying, "yes, I recognize that you are trying to focus on something near here".
Yes, Marc, you are right, the lens is manual focus, at f2,8 I suppose it has a thin DOF, but it must have a little area in focus.
Now this isn't true, all into the frame is OOF, the subject I focus is OOF, although the focus confirmation is in (green hexagon always comes on, if not I can't shot...).
Strange situation...
02-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

As always, it's ahrd to say any more without seeing samples.