Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Disable Flash on K-x

I do not have a K-x, I have a K-7.

I noticed in pictures that there's a "Flash Off" mode on the K-x's mode dial. I also see from the dpreview.com review of the camera that there's no "Off" option in the Flash settings.

...so, how does one prevent the flash from popping up in any modes other than "Flash Off"?

02-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #2

set the flash mode to manual, then it only pops up when you press the flash-up button
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by justDIY Quote
set the flash mode to manual, then it only pops up when you press the flash-up button
Is this an option in the Custom Functions somewhere? Or is it in the Flash options when the Flash button is pressed on the back of the camera?

I can't find any mention of it in the K-x manual.

edit: nevermind, I just found it in the manual, page 67