Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #1

Need help identifying a K-mount lens

I've got some upcoming travel plans, so I decided to head on over to ebay to try and score a couple of new lenses to play with.

There's a Kiron 28mm f/2.8 for a good price; the seller doesn't know which mount it is but thinks it's a Minolta (is there a Minolta mount that looks nearly identical to a k-mount?). But when I compared it to my k-mount lens it looked like a match. I'm not confident enough to bid on it though (especially since nobody else is bidding) so I thought I'd get a second opinion first.

Here's their photo.

02-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a mount identification guide....

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

02-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah, I know what a k mount looks like from above, but that's the only picture of the mount in question.
02-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a K mount to me.

This is what a Minolta MD mount looks like.

02-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It sure looked like a K-Mount when I looked at the auction (not interested in bidding). You might ask the seller to check the mount or around the lower exterior of the lens for a mount mark. Many of the third-party lenses were marked (PK, etc) either on the bottom face of the mount or around the lower circumference.
02-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WJW Quote
It sure looked like a K-Mount when I looked at the auction (not interested in bidding). You might ask the seller to check the mount or around the lower exterior of the lens for a mount mark. Many of the third-party lenses were marked (PK, etc) either on the bottom face of the mount or around the lower circumference.
That's a good suggestion. I have a couple of K-mount Kirons that are marked "P/K" just above the aperture ring, opposite the focusing/f stop mark. I think the lens is probably K-mount.

It's too bad that one of the only references for mounts has such crappy photos of them. Yes, it's a tricky subject to photograph but not impossible.
02-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hmm, I might ask them closer to the end of the auction (when they are more desperate... and so that fewer people will see it if they decide to label what mount it is)

Thanks!