Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Haven,CT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 18
Will this lens fit my kx ???????

35mm slr camera by Pentax. It is a PENTAX ME SUPER and it comes with a SMC- PENTAX-A 1:2 50mm lens Iam looking too buy used 50mm lens and i saw this do you guy think this will fit my pentax kx????


02-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Oldschool's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,276
Yes it will fit your camera. You won't have auto focus, but you can use all shooting modes.
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Haven,CT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 18
Original Poster
So for $20 bucks its a steel???????
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by spanky66d Quote
So for $20 bucks its a steel???????
If everything is working and the lens is good you can resell the ME Super for at least twice that, without the lens.



02-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member
irishwhite's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: philadelphia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 349
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
If everything is working and the lens is good you can resell the ME Super for at least twice that, without the lens.

I hope you're right about that because comments like that make idiots like me pull the trigger on an ebay auction faster than you can read your comment! True story, i just purchased an ME Super (because of your comment and because I don't yet have one of those) which is coming with the aforementioned 50mm f/2 along with a Vivitar 70-210 mm macro, circular polarizer, and some other things of which i'm not sure of (maybe extension tubes) for a total of $60. no idea on the condition...so i guess i'll find out in about a week. i did check the lens database though and the vivitar lens only has one review but the guy that reviewed it said he bought his lens alone for $100. although i just found one on ebay for about $15.00 shipped...so i'm not expecting much.

anyone care to identify the items i didn't list above that can be found in the attached image?



P.S. don't take my opening comment too seriously. I'm completely aware of how dumb it is to make purchases without full research beforehand.
Attached Images
 
02-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by irishwhite Quote
I hope you're right about that because comments like that make idiots like me pull the trigger on an ebay auction faster than you can read your comment! True story, i just purchased an ME Super (because of your comment and because I don't yet have one of those) which is coming with the aforementioned 50mm f/2 along with a Vivitar 70-210 mm macro, circular polarizer, and some other things of which i'm not sure of (maybe extension tubes) for a total of $60. no idea on the condition...so i guess i'll find out in about a week. i did check the lens database though and the vivitar lens only has one review but the guy that reviewed it said he bought his lens alone for $100. although i just found one on ebay for about $15.00 shipped...so i'm not expecting much.

anyone care to identify the items i didn't list above that can be found in the attached image?



P.S. don't take my opening comment too seriously. I'm completely aware of how dumb it is to make purchases without full research beforehand.
Starting with your P.S.. Sometimes taking the time to do the research can cost you a real bargain. 2 years ago there was a Pentax-F 1.7x AF converter for $50. I missed it by about 10 seconds and haven't seen another anywhere near that price since then. Then again, sometimes I get real lucky not bothering to research..



Free after I sold off a couple items that came with the lot and I didn't pay very much considering what did come with the lot.

As to your auction win, looks like the standard ME Super with a 50. The Vivitar looks like a later series one model. Without knowing more about it, I really can't comment but for what you paid, it's probably a decent lens. There are probably 15 or 20 different versions of the Vivitar 70-210. Some say the earlier ones are more desirable but I don't think any of them are Bad. Don't know what the other items are. Someone else will have to assist you there (unless you already know)..

Enjoy your new toys..

02-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member
irishwhite's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: philadelphia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 349
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Starting with your P.S.. Sometimes taking the time to do the research can cost you a real bargain. 2 years ago there was a Pentax-F 1.7x AF converter for $50. I missed it by about 10 seconds and haven't seen another anywhere near that price since then. Then again, sometimes I get real lucky not bothering to research..



Free after I sold off a couple items that came with the lot and I didn't pay very much considering what did come with the lot.

As to your auction win, looks like the standard ME Super with a 50. The Vivitar looks like a later series one model. Without knowing more about it, I really can't comment but for what you paid, it's probably a decent lens. There are probably 15 or 20 different versions of the Vivitar 70-210. Some say the earlier ones are more desirable but I don't think any of them are Bad. Don't know what the other items are. Someone else will have to assist you there (unless you already know)..

Enjoy your new toys..

Yeah, still don't know what those items on the left are...or the one metal looking ring in the lower right quadrant of the photo. looks like an adapter of some sort. After i bought that kit, i did read a little more carefully in the lens database and noticd that there are 3 version listed and noticed that the first series was apparently the one to go after. that being said, i don't mind this purchase (at this time) simply because i've got a nice cache of prime lenses (28mm's, 50mm's, 55mm, 135mm, 150mm, and 200mm) but the only zoom lens i have is the kit lens and i don't care for it much since acquiring my first primes lenses. i'm hoping this 70-210 is decent enough that i could offload a couple of the teles although i really love the look of them (all older m42 mounts). i guess you could say me and my lenses are still in the honeymoon phase. plus, the Viv is the only lens i'll have that's marked as "macro". I just don't know if that's something i'll really make use of or what.
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
The camera for $20 is a good deal, probably. The lens is pretty mediocre; the f/1.7 and f/1.4 versions are much better than the f/2 versions.

BTW, here's how to know if a lens will fit your camera: if it says it's for Pentax, and *doesn't* say "screw mount" or M42, then it works fine. if it says screw mount or M42, then it needs an adapter. if in doubt, ask the seller. If they don't know, don't buy the lens. Would you buy a used stove from someone who couldn't tell you if it was gas or electric? Obviously, they don't even know if it works.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, camera, lens, pentax, pentax help, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will this lens fit my kx? 4ngi3 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 13 06-30-2010 11:33 AM
Oh no! I got a lens that won't fit! Ouroboros Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 03-23-2010 08:12 AM
Would this lens fit a K20D? mattmiles Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 10-25-2009 05:55 PM
Old K mount lens would not fit! dbh Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 18 12-13-2008 09:45 PM
will this lens cap fit? pentaxbling Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 07-19-2007 05:14 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top