Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Will this lens fit my kx ???????

35mm slr camera by Pentax. It is a PENTAX ME SUPER and it comes with a SMC- PENTAX-A 1:2 50mm lens Iam looking too buy used 50mm lens and i saw this do you guy think this will fit my pentax kx????

02-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes it will fit your camera. You won't have auto focus, but you can use all shooting modes.
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
So for $20 bucks its a steel???????
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by spanky66d Quote
So for $20 bucks its a steel???????
If everything is working and the lens is good you can resell the ME Super for at least twice that, without the lens.

02-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
If everything is working and the lens is good you can resell the ME Super for at least twice that, without the lens.

I hope you're right about that because comments like that make idiots like me pull the trigger on an ebay auction faster than you can read your comment! True story, i just purchased an ME Super (because of your comment and because I don't yet have one of those) which is coming with the aforementioned 50mm f/2 along with a Vivitar 70-210 mm macro, circular polarizer, and some other things of which i'm not sure of (maybe extension tubes) for a total of $60. no idea on the condition...so i guess i'll find out in about a week. i did check the lens database though and the vivitar lens only has one review but the guy that reviewed it said he bought his lens alone for $100. although i just found one on ebay for about $15.00 shipped...so i'm not expecting much.

anyone care to identify the items i didn't list above that can be found in the attached image?

P.S. don't take my opening comment too seriously. I'm completely aware of how dumb it is to make purchases without full research beforehand.
Attached Images

02-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by irishwhite Quote
I hope you're right about that because comments like that make idiots like me pull the trigger on an ebay auction faster than you can read your comment! True story, i just purchased an ME Super (because of your comment and because I don't yet have one of those) which is coming with the aforementioned 50mm f/2 along with a Vivitar 70-210 mm macro, circular polarizer, and some other things of which i'm not sure of (maybe extension tubes) for a total of $60. no idea on the condition...so i guess i'll find out in about a week. i did check the lens database though and the vivitar lens only has one review but the guy that reviewed it said he bought his lens alone for $100. although i just found one on ebay for about $15.00 shipped...so i'm not expecting much.

anyone care to identify the items i didn't list above that can be found in the attached image?

P.S. don't take my opening comment too seriously. I'm completely aware of how dumb it is to make purchases without full research beforehand.
Starting with your P.S.. Sometimes taking the time to do the research can cost you a real bargain. 2 years ago there was a Pentax-F 1.7x AF converter for $50. I missed it by about 10 seconds and haven't seen another anywhere near that price since then. Then again, sometimes I get real lucky not bothering to research..

Free after I sold off a couple items that came with the lot and I didn't pay very much considering what did come with the lot.

As to your auction win, looks like the standard ME Super with a 50. The Vivitar looks like a later series one model. Without knowing more about it, I really can't comment but for what you paid, it's probably a decent lens. There are probably 15 or 20 different versions of the Vivitar 70-210. Some say the earlier ones are more desirable but I don't think any of them are Bad. Don't know what the other items are. Someone else will have to assist you there (unless you already know)..

Enjoy your new toys..

02-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Starting with your P.S.. Sometimes taking the time to do the research can cost you a real bargain. 2 years ago there was a Pentax-F 1.7x AF converter for $50. I missed it by about 10 seconds and haven't seen another anywhere near that price since then. Then again, sometimes I get real lucky not bothering to research..

Free after I sold off a couple items that came with the lot and I didn't pay very much considering what did come with the lot.

As to your auction win, looks like the standard ME Super with a 50. The Vivitar looks like a later series one model. Without knowing more about it, I really can't comment but for what you paid, it's probably a decent lens. There are probably 15 or 20 different versions of the Vivitar 70-210. Some say the earlier ones are more desirable but I don't think any of them are Bad. Don't know what the other items are. Someone else will have to assist you there (unless you already know)..

Enjoy your new toys..

Yeah, still don't know what those items on the left are...or the one metal looking ring in the lower right quadrant of the photo. looks like an adapter of some sort. After i bought that kit, i did read a little more carefully in the lens database and noticd that there are 3 version listed and noticed that the first series was apparently the one to go after. that being said, i don't mind this purchase (at this time) simply because i've got a nice cache of prime lenses (28mm's, 50mm's, 55mm, 135mm, 150mm, and 200mm) but the only zoom lens i have is the kit lens and i don't care for it much since acquiring my first primes lenses. i'm hoping this 70-210 is decent enough that i could offload a couple of the teles although i really love the look of them (all older m42 mounts). i guess you could say me and my lenses are still in the honeymoon phase. plus, the Viv is the only lens i'll have that's marked as "macro". I just don't know if that's something i'll really make use of or what.
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Pentaxian

The camera for $20 is a good deal, probably. The lens is pretty mediocre; the f/1.7 and f/1.4 versions are much better than the f/2 versions.

BTW, here's how to know if a lens will fit your camera: if it says it's for Pentax, and *doesn't* say "screw mount" or M42, then it works fine. if it says screw mount or M42, then it needs an adapter. if in doubt, ask the seller. If they don't know, don't buy the lens. Would you buy a used stove from someone who couldn't tell you if it was gas or electric? Obviously, they don't even know if it works.