Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Pentax kx Training Need it !!!!

Are there any Video tutorials on the kx YET ????????????????? Am new to the hole DSL THING and Ive been looking for some kind of beginer traning video on dvd .I have not found any.There's a hole bunch on nikon, but none for pentax........Please advice........
thank you

02-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by spanky66d Quote
Are there any Video tutorials on the kx YET ????????????????? Am new to the hole DSL THING and Ive been looking for some kind of beginer traning video on dvd .I have not found any.There's a hole bunch on nikon, but none for pentax........Please advice........
thank you
All DSLRs share the same fundamentals regardless of brand. How new are you? Do you know anything about exposure (e.g. shutter speed, aperture, ISO)? If you search photography for beginners on google, there's a ton of info. Although the information may not be specific to the K-X, the fundamentals are the same.
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spanky66d Quote
thank you
If you're that new to DSLR/SLR Photography, I'd suggest that you head immediately to your nearest book store and pick up a copy of Brian Petersons "Understanding Exposure."

Read that and read your manual.

Otherwise, you'll get frustrated (it sounds as if you already are) and start shooting in auto mode.

Good Luck, good reading and good shooting

Ed
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #4

For an all around book from composition, settings, aperature, shutter and even post Proccesing I got a friend DSLR for Dummies 4th Edition and it was LOADED with easy to understand information.

02-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think this site here is an excellent resource, and not just for a beginner:

Ultimate Exposure Computer