Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #1

Pentax K-X Shake Reduction (not noise from rotation related)

I'm still madly in love with my K-X, so much so that I've gotten myself the DA 10-17 fisheye, FA 43 and 77 limiteds and went on to get my girlfriend her own K-X.

They're both great, but I was playing around with hers the other day and I noticed that she had turned off the shake reduction. Well, I don't have the steadiest of hands so I went to turn it back on, but for some reason, the SR box is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Does anyone know how this could have happened? Or better yet, how I can fix it?

Thanks!

02-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Cedromar Quote
I'm still madly in love with my K-X, so much so that I've gotten myself the DA 10-17 fisheye, FA 43 and 77 limiteds and went on to get my girlfriend her own K-X.

They're both great, but I was playing around with hers the other day and I noticed that she had turned off the shake reduction. Well, I don't have the steadiest of hands so I went to turn it back on, but for some reason, the SR box is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Does anyone know how this could have happened? Or better yet, how I can fix it?

Thanks!
Make sure you don't have wireless flash or wireless remote enabled.
02-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Also make sure the shutter speed is set accordingly, anything too long (over 5secs? I think) will turn off SR.
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
Inactive Account

...or (if it's the same as a K20), Bulb mode or delayed shutter.