Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Help with downloading software

I am in dire need of some type of pro editing software. I currently use IPhoto just for organization because i like keeping all my photos natural but now that i have started up a business it seems only fare to offer editing packages. Does any one kno were i could possibly download PhotoShop or Aperture 2 (for MAC)..possibly for FREE

02-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hmmm..you might try the new trial versions if they have one but it would last you only about 30days max.
I doubt you can download a full working version for free apart from the trial version.
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

In any case if you are going IN business, wouldn't it be only fair to pay for something you would also get money out of?
02-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I was only looking 4 sumthing temporary for the next 2 to 3 months wile i work all my gigs and then have enough money to keep investing. I just invested in business cards ..camera parts...online domains....ect..so im just hurting on the money plus....haha i am only 16 and i got prom...and i just got my license so that means a car to...ahhh haha im just in a economic ditch..but hopefully my love for photography will pull me through

02-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Download the Lightroom 3 beta from Adobe. It doesn't expire until April.

Or find some Freeware / Open Source SW.

http://www.gimp.org

LiveQuartz

http://www.thriftmac.com/Graphics/

Last edited by boriscleto; 02-19-2010 at 11:04 PM.
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Hmmm..you might try the new trial versions if they have one but it would last you only about 30days max.
I doubt you can download a full working version for free apart from the trial version.
There are ways of getting around 30 day limits. For ex. You can create a new user account every 30 days and install the trial or set the system date back 30 days.
02-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't get it, there are so many awesome free software options available out there that can serve any need, what the heck is the point of pirating stuff anymore?

I organize all my photos with Digikam. I use UFraw to process my RAW files, with outstanding results that rival Adobe Camera RAW in most cases. And I use Gimp to do editing and resizing for display on the web. I do have a LEGAL copy of Photoshop CS2, and I occasionally use that to work on 16bpc images targeted for print, but that's about it. And I fondly look forward to the day when Gimp can work with 16bpc images natively so Photoshop can get the boot.

Pirated crap? Gave that up years ago...
02-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some software companies offer discounts to students and educators. I'm most familiar with this on the community college and college level, but perhaps it also applies to high school students even if they are not simulatenously enrolled in college.

02-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Like i was stating BEFORE Pentax Poke....I did not want to pirate the full system i only wanted the free trial to last atleast 2 months seeing ass i have gone through soooo many expenses in the last month. Thats all i wanted. So do think i am trying to cheat the system people .... I pay for all my stuff and i am not a thief..... I am just in a economic rut right now and do understand that i am only 16 to.... I just invested alot of money in flashes ... domains... business cards...ect...... I was just looking for some support from my Pentaxians ..not to get shunned for wanting a little brake
02-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
emr

Well, if you decide to keep it kosher and still want it to be free, there are free editors:

Enticing the Light Freeware Image Photo Editing Software Resources
02-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
The OP is hinting for someone to provide him a warez site if anybody didn't pick up on that. Sorry Charlie, we can't list anything like that on the Forum. But I know you know how to use search engines.
I most certainly picked up on what the OP was asking for. I've been downloading teh warez since the OP was in diapers. But this certainly is not the right place to be asking. If the OP really is a 16yo and doesn't know where to find teh warez then I would be shocked.
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by perception-of-light Quote
Like i was stating BEFORE Pentax Poke....I did not want to pirate the full system i only wanted the free trial to last atleast 2 months seeing ass i have gone through soooo many expenses in the last month. Thats all i wanted. So do think i am trying to cheat the system people .... I pay for all my stuff and i am not a thief..... I am just in a economic rut right now and do understand that i am only 16 to.... I just invested alot of money in flashes ... domains... business cards...ect...... I was just looking for some support from my Pentaxians ..not to get shunned for wanting a little brake
If you want a break then give yourself one and decide what your priorities are. You can download all the free software you want. Adobe does offer Student licenses for their software and it's just as functional as the full product. People update software all the time and many times, resell the older versions. Ebay, Craigslist, PF Marketplace are all decent places to look. Photoshop elements has a price tag of about $100 last time I looked. Paint Shop Pro, is equally economical. All of them offer 30 day trials. If you're only looking for a couple months, download the elements, use it for a month and then step up to full blown photoshop for the next 30 days. Then there are the truly free options. Gimp, Raw Therapee, Picasa, etc.

02-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
briscleto...i really am 16 and the reason i dont know were to find this crap is because i have a mac....and trust me..it is 10 times harder to find crap for mac.....and JeffJS ....look i know i may be coming off the wrong way in this thread...i happen to have all my stuff straight these programs are just the cherry on the top of my sunday...and all this freeware doesnt seem to download properly..i think my computer is using the saffari safe mode crap....im just going to see how i can possibly buy the programs ... i just dont see what members get from jumping on other members
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by perception-of-light Quote
briscleto...i really am 16 and the reason i dont know were to find this crap is because i have a mac....and trust me..it is 10 times harder to find crap for mac.....and JeffJS ....look i know i may be coming off the wrong way in this thread...i happen to have all my stuff straight these programs are just the cherry on the top of my sunday...and all this freeware doesnt seem to download properly..i think my computer is using the saffari safe mode crap....im just going to see how i can possibly buy the programs ... i just dont see what members get from jumping on other members
I kind of got what you meant. There are ways around everything if you want to dig but you do it at your own risk. I know nothing about MACs so I cannot help you there. What I meant by Priorities was that instead of spending $400 or $500 on a Junior prom (you said you were 16), Get your software, maybe get yourself hired as a photographer for the event and spend the money on your car and Senior prom.

See if you can get yourself on your yearbook staff and be the geek that runs around with the camera shooting everyone. Great practice and the school's resources are probably free to use at that point...,.

Good luck either way..

02-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Aperture 3 is a terrific program and not that expensive.