Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #1

locations and ideas

I'm obviously new. Does anyone have any general ideas of things to shoot. The weather here has been crappy. Just trying to get together some ideas of places to go and things to try when the weather does turn for the better. Thanks

02-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I am in a dead-boring exurb in a dead-boring mountain pine forest with dead-boring overcast alternating with dead-boring clear skies. I've already shot all the local trees, mushrooms, squirrels, deer, signs, yard dwarves, rusty cars, cute gold-rush villages, et al, in various resolutions, in infrared and actinic light, etc. I *long* to be in Ohio, to shoot living and decaying towns and farms, blooming flowers, different people, streams & lakes & bogs, skylines, etc.

What we should both do: Grab local and not-so-local newspapers. Look up EVENTS. Go there. Shoot stuff. If if moves, shoot it. If it don't move, shoot it anyway, maybe it'll move. Have fun.
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pets are always good. Whenever I get something new, the dogs usually are the first target.

We have a membership in the Denver Botanic Gardens so I can always go there for flowers, plants, etc. Their flowers are more interesting than anything in my yard. It's also a tourist attraction so I could shoot people if I wanted to.

A cheap light box and a macro lens is good for inside work. I have a south facing window so I get plenty of light in the daytime for that.

Look at the forums here and see what people are taking photos of.
02-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Football Hall Of Fame is the only thing I know located in Canton.

03-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I know this post might be a little bit late but if the weather sucks then a good thing to try is find a subject with strong colors like red..yellow..stuff like that and use the grey sky as a backround and the grey will give you a beautiful capture and the color will stand out beautifully ..the colors wont be loud but it will blend nicley