Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
Igilligan

I miss understood

QuoteOriginally posted by alaskaguy Quote
i know its not top notch but its still a decent prime lens to get me started and im planing on buying a m-50mm/f1.7 from a friend for only 10dollars...he offered to sell it after i had already bought the other lens, just my luck haha
I thought you had just bought it on Ebay... if so, and the listing was wrong you could have got out of the deal. And it is too much imo.

Your $10 50 1.7 is a better lens so you should enjoy that one.

Post some pics when you get them

02-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #17

I agree with Gus, get your money back if you can. Just think about how often you're going to use the A 50/2.0 after you get the M 50/1.7. You're only going to mount one of them.
02-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
Inactive Account

For a while there I was looking at 50 1.2 prices on ebay, and while I was searching I'd occassionally find a lens that stated it was 1.2 but then the picture clearly shows it as f:2. Everytime I would contact the seller and ask them to correct their item description, and they either would say they would, and never do. Or, just not respond.
Be careful.

And incidentally, the M50 1.7 is a great lens, you'll love it.
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I concur, if your getting an Pentax-M f1.7. I say try to get your money back on the Pentax-A F2.0 Yes having the P-A is good since you can use the Av, Tv, and Sv mode on the camera compared to the P-M but your only getting those minor advantages. If the P-A were autofocus like the FA model it would be a different story but it is not. If you can shoot with both of them and see which one you like more. In my opinion the F1.7 will be a lot better than the F2.0 in terms of long run. You might get some use from the Pentax-A if you haven't got the time to set up the camera in manual mode. I know from personal preference that ever since I got my Pentax-M F1.4 lens I've ditched all my other lenses all together. Still have them but only 10% of my recent shots are with them.

03-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alaskaguy Quote
i know its not top notch but its still a decent prime lens to get me started and im planing on buying a m-50mm/f1.7 from a friend for only 10dollars...he offered to sell it after i had already bought the other lens, just my luck haha
Or you can keep the A 50mm f2 and sell me the M 50mm f1.7 for $15. I seemed to have misplaced my f2 M 50 this weekend.