Inactive Account

my photos have blemishes

i noticed some of my pics have weird spots in them. how do you remove them

Attached Images

03-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sensor dust.
Happens easily when changing lenses.
My solution was to remove lens, hold camera with opening downwards and carefully use a puffer brush with the brush part removed (don't touch any internal parts, just aim to blast the dust off the sensor and have it fall away from the camera opening).
Worked a treat every time on my *stDS.
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sledger is right-looks like sensor dust. I would just add don't forget to put a fresh battery in your camera and then go thru your menus to find something like 'clean sensor.' This causes the camera to flip the mirror up to reveal the sensor beneath. The fresh battery insures that your camera will not all of a sudden turn off and drop the mirror on your blower causing damage to the mirror or sensor. It can be a bit unnerving but as mentioned don't touch the sensor with the blower. Many here use the Giotto's Rocket blower, as I do. It works well. It you use an dSLR, this will be a common enough but easily solvable problem. Good luck.
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a dirty sensor - nothing serious. You will need some type of jet blower to get rid of the dirt; be very careful not to get the tip of the blower too close to the camera because static electricity can bring more dirt into the sensor.

Before you start that process, remove the lens, turn on the camera, go to the setup menu -select sensor cleaning option. Keep the camera on - the mirror is up while this is going on, turn the camera upside down and use the jet blower to clean the sensor.

Also, when changing lens, try not to do that in the open when there is a strong draft (of air) to avoid getting dirt into the sensor.

03-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, as far as the image itself. It is easy to get rid of the spots. Most software will have a clone tool . The more common ones are Photoshop, Photoshop elements, Lightroom, Aperture, etc.