Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #1

Info on LCD panel

Hello, I'm a newbie to the DSLR photography world and really to photography altogether. I graduated from a point and shoot camera with a Christmas gift of a K200d, body only. Years ago I used an ME Super and had several Pentax lenses, but usually used this camera as an expensive point and shoot. I specifically wanted a Pentax DSLR so I could use my old lenses. My question is, when using the "old" lenses, which are not autofocus, I'm not getting any info, such as F-stop, in the LCD panel or monitor. I have not been able to read anything in the manual as to how I might remedy this. I just started a class in digital photography and my instructor couldn't help me. Any help from a K200d expert with this matter would be appreciated.

P.S. This forum looks like it is going to be very helpful!

03-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Please read the top item in this (Beginners) forum that describes in detail how to use manual lenses on your DSLR. Good luck.
03-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davduck53 Quote
Hello, I'm a newbie to the DSLR photography world and really to photography altogether. I graduated from a point and shoot camera with a Christmas gift of a K200d, body only. Years ago I used an ME Super and had several Pentax lenses, but usually used this camera as an expensive point and shoot. I specifically wanted a Pentax DSLR so I could use my old lenses. My question is, when using the "old" lenses, which are not autofocus, I'm not getting any info, such as F-stop, in the LCD panel or monitor. I have not been able to read anything in the manual as to how I might remedy this. I just started a class in digital photography and my instructor couldn't help me. Any help from a K200d expert with this matter would be appreciated.

P.S. This forum looks like it is going to be very helpful!
Unless your lenses are of the A type, it's gong to be just like using a K1000. If you haven't found it yet in the other posts or your manual, go into your custom menu and select "Use Aperture Ring" and set it to allowed. Then set your camera to M mode, look through the view finder, focus, meter, set, shoot, enjoy..

Welcome!

03-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Here's the link on what you need to read and know.
It is posted as a sticky on the Beginner's corner Q&A thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/59272-shooting-...x-dslrs-f.html