Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

Weather sealed lenses, what are the options

Here are the lenses I know to be weather sealed/weather resistant:

All DA*
DA 18-55 mm WR
DA 50-200 mmWR
D FA 100 mm Macro WR

Are there others? What about third party lenses?

03-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You can add all the DA* lenses, like the DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 60-250, DA* 200 and 300,...
03-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA* and the WR lenses are specified as weather resistant.

However there are other lenses that are very sturdy and could be considered almost weather resistant. The Pentax DA Limited series lenses are metallic construction and very sturdy. There are other 3rd party lenses that are similarly very sturdy: eg the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm.

I work often outdoor in wet, muddy conditions. I do not own WR lenses, and I have not had a problem to date. But I take great care of my lenses and camera when outdoor. In practice, I found that my worst nightmare is to change/swap lenses when I am outdoor under the rain or during a dust storm. It does not matter whether the camera and lens are WR, either you do not swap lenses (this is by far my preference), or you do it at your own risk and it does not matter if the lenses and camera are WR.

Hope the info will help ...