Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #1

Great books for beginners

I just wanted to share w/fellow novices two books that I got that are fantastic.

First one is "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.

The other is "The Ultimate Guide To Digital Nature Photography" by The Mountain Trail Photo Team

Clearly the latter if you are interested in nature photos.

I just got these two books last week and I finished reading them last night. Now I'm going to open them up and start over again. They are excellent IMO. Really give you great insight and guidance from soup to nuts.

So again, just thought I'd share with fellow newbies.

03-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

old but not forgotten

Get thee to a library, or a large used book store, or AbeBooks.Com, or even eBay, and grab the entire Time-Life Library of Photography (I found all 18 vols on ebay for US$25). Skim over the stuff on films and chemical processing, but the rest is a treasury of great photos and how they're made (and often why). Digital sensors and control options differ from film, but the basics remain.
03-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great information guys! Here is a link: Ultimate Exposure Computer which, although not a book, provides essential reading along with printable charts which you can carry on the shoot.
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #4

I got to agree with Nature. As a very green photographer, I found that "Understanding Exposure" is an excellent book to help you understand basics. And many pictures to go along with each section to illustrate the points. Well worth the money.

03-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D_Ivy Quote
I got to agree with Nature. As a very green photographer, I found that "Understanding Exposure" is an excellent book to help you understand basics. And many pictures to go along with each section to illustrate the points. Well worth the money.

http://www.truly-free.org/e/n/Peterson,%20Bryan%20-%20Understanding%20Exposu...20Edition).zip
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #6

well then....haha.

Even more worth the money?