Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well, I got a blower finally and I'm glad to say it did the job so thank everybody for our helpful comments.
now I have another problem and it's terribly annoying, since I cleaned the sensor I have two specs on the viewfinder, one considerably larger than the other. it seems that it is not on the mirror but somewhere on the pentamirror. I tried to wipe it with microfiber but it didn't help so it might be behind the screen.

I would love to get some help in this if someone has encountered the same problem. it feels like I'm looking through a dirty window

thanks

04-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lots of people have this problem; just search the forum. Short answer: feel free to remove your lens and try to blow off the focus screen. if that doens't help, you'll need to remove the focus screen and clean things more thoroughly. As people on thos other threads will affirm, you're as likely to make it worse as better trying to do that (and might actually ruin teh fcous screen in the process), and even if you succeed, the dust will back soon enough. Just learn to live with it. BTW, it will probably move around or pehrpas disappear over time, only to be replaced by new dust specks.
04-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Try an Arctic Butterfly. Well worth the money.
04-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks guys. I guess I'm screwed then...

04-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I came across the ultimate solution from an unlikely source..... Donald Trump, on his website, states that whenever he gets a spec of dust on his camera's sensor or viewfinder, he tosses it in the trash & purchases another one. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it sounds like it should work.
04-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I came across the ultimate solution from an unlikely source..... Donald Trump, on his website, states that whenever he gets a spec of dust on his camera's sensor or viewfinder, he tosses it in the trash & purchases another one. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it sounds like it should work.
There's another, cheaper solution, and it gives you FF shots so your wide-angle lenses are really WIDE. This solution is called: film. Get an old PK and/or M42 body, some cheap old lenses, and insert the 135 cartridge of your choice. Every frame is cleaned automagically as it emerges from the cart. Just brush off your lenses every now and then, and you'll never be bothered again. For super resolution, use a MF cam like a Pentax 645 or 67, or even a 6x9 folder (no lens changing required). Selah!
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
That is if you have plenty of money like Trump to spend around.

04-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Agreed with Marc's comment.
Many people have this problem, I do have this problem too.
What I did was to remove the lens and using a blower, blow off the focus screen area.A couple of times I do this, problem solved. Only 2 or 3 times, if the problem still exist, I remove the focus screen and clean it .

BTW, the speck of dust, if you do not do anything, it will probably move around or perhaps dropped off somewhere, and problem resolved.
04-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote
Agreed with Marc's comment.
Many people have this problem, I do have this problem too.
What I did was to remove the lens and using a blower, blow off the focus screen area.A couple of times I do this, problem solved. Only 2 or 3 times, if the problem still exist, I remove the focus screen and clean it .

BTW, the speck of dust, if you do not do anything, it will probably move around or perhaps dropped off somewhere, and problem resolved.
my specs don't move. I'm afraid they're stuck behind the focusing screen.
how do you remove the focus screen? I don't want to make any unnecessary damage
04-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you do a search on youtube someone did a tutorial on removing the focusing screen from a pentax camera, but I don't think it was a K-x. Figured it might help if you can find it.