Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #1

Manual flash but "P" mode in K10D?

I often think that my K10D set the Pentax 360FGZ to full effect even when it's not needed. Maybe I want many pictures with a low flash rather than 1 on max.

When I set 360FGZ to manual made and maybe 1/16 then K10D change it back to P-TTL when I touch the trigger. However I can use "M"-mode in K10D but that is too hard for me at the moment.

03-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Spend a few minutes experimenting with M mode and it won't be so hard - and that's the best way to do what i think you're describing. Pick an aperture, hit the Green button to have the camera select a shutter speed that will result in good exposure without flash, then speed up the shutter one stop (two or three clicks of the wheel). Flash should automatically make up the difference. Way more straightforward than messing with flash power settings.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
360fgz, camera, flash, k10d, pentax help, photography