Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Minolta Lens Adaptor?

Just wondering if there is an adaptor for Minlto Lenses? A friend of mine has 12 lenses and wants to know if I could use them.

Are they worth getting an adaptor for?

03-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
Forum Member

AF or MD/MC lenses?
For the former... I highly doubt it. For the latter... I was only able to find info on an adapter with a glass element... which would degrade IQ.

Another possibility would be mount conversions, if your friend is interested in going down that route.

here's a conversion tutorial, to get a picture of what's involved: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/56234-konica-minolta...ld-lenses.html

Last edited by cezarL; 03-14-2010 at 09:27 AM.
03-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

If they are MD mount, be aware that the registration distance is 2mm shorter than the K-mount, so you will be losing infinity focus without the surgery that was done in the article quoted.
If the lenses are Maxxum mount, then just buy a Sony body to use with them, the mount is the same.

I think the best way to use some of these older lenses that have been abandoned by their manufacturers is to adapt them to the 4/3 Panasonics. They have a very short registration distance and so can be adapted to just about any mount you would care to use.