Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
They*don't* happen at the same time. Blue light happens while the sun is below the horizon (before dawn, after sunset). Orange light happens while the sun is still above the horizon (after dawn, before sunset).

The term magic hour usually refers to period of orange light.
So the blue hour and the magic hour are essentially two different things then? But there's no golden hour in the evening is there? Because I've seen it when the sun is around the horizon especially on the Golden Gate Bridge when the towers turn a bright red and beautiful color, but it has only happened once or twice that I've been there, the other times there was just really nothing there.

04-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #32
DAZ
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I seem to have misplaced my sarcasm font, has anyone seen it?
I think you may have misplaced it some were in this thread. Why don't you reread it and see if you can find the answer?

DAZ
04-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
So the blue hour and the magic hour are essentially two different things then?
Sure. Although it's not like any of these are technical terms you'd find in a dictionary with precise definitions, and the term "blue hour" is nowhere near as common as "magic hour" or "golden hour" (the latter two normally being taken to be synonymous).

QuoteQuote:
But there's no golden hour in the evening is there?
Sure there is - unless by evening you specifically mean just after sundown as opposed to just before. Of course, some days the effect is greater than other days.