Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
seeking advice... has anyone purchased from bestpriceelectronics.com?

Hello everyone!

I'm in the market for a k-x and came across bestpriceelectronics.com which have by far the best price I've seen, $450 for camera plus 15-55mm lens. My questions are:

1. has anyone bought anything from them before?
2. are they selling grey market products?

I contacted pentax to see if the warranty was an issue and they said that as long as I have something like a shipping invoice, pentax will honor the warranty. I just don't want to mess up and end up with something that has no warranty or is grey market.
I've looked around and haven't seen any bad reviews on bestpriceelectronics.com but just wanting to make sure.

Thanks!

03-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

When in doubt, Best Price Electronics - bestpriceelectronics.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings. Can't say I'd trust them with only 2 reviews and both in the last month. Hours of operation indicate they are most likely a NY operation, which is known for a good amount of Brooklyn scammers. Don't think it's worth it to save $100.
03-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #3

After researching and searching for a while, I bought my K-x from B&H photo/video. They had the best prices that I could find online, and had excellent customer service. The first one I received, had a defect in it and freaked out when I tried updating the firmware. They were helpful in getting it replaced for me, and went out of their way to get it done as quickly as possible. I highly recommend them.
03-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I usually recommend Amazon, Adorama, or B and H. Although, my understanding is that the New York Attorney General got a settlement from Broadway Photo and others like them and an agreement to discontinue their poor selling practices. It still would scare me to buy from them.

03-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

My first search is usually ebay, on top of being able to buy from Adorama and Beach Camera you also get 8% cashback through bing.com - beach has the K-x 18-55 kit on ebay for $519, take 8% off that and you are under $480 - not too bad.
03-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the great advice everyone! I think I'll pass on bestpriceelectronics.com...

Does anyone know if this camera will go down in price within the next few weeks?
03-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

And in two or four weeks time you will ask yourself the same question You have saved yourself 100 bucks by using Ubuntu instead of Windows so you can now spend it
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
And in two or four weeks time you will ask yourself the same question You have saved yourself 100 bucks by using Ubuntu instead of Windows so you can now spend it
Ha! Precisely. I do use Ubuntu but primarily I am a Mac user.

03-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #9

I guess I am not sure at the moment, but I know a couple weeks ago, B and H had the K-x 18-55/55-300 kit on sale for 650. About 50 dollars less than the normal price.
03-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
My first search is usually ebay, on top of being able to buy from Adorama and Beach Camera you also get 8% cashback through bing.com - beach has the K-x 18-55 kit on ebay for $519, take 8% off that and you are under $480 - not too bad.
I just did this earlier this month. It was a great deal.

If you've never used bing cashback, though, make sure you read up on how to get your $$. Not hard but make sure you follow the steps